Responsible for assisting the administrative staff, including principal, assistant principal, and athletic director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following statements of essential functions, responsibilities, frequencies, and percentages are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. These statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities required of all personnel within this position. Actual duties, responsibilities, frequencies, and percentages may vary depending upon building assignments and other factors. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Act as receptionist for all school visitors and telephone callers.
- Supports in collecting monies for all activity accounts.
- Supports school counselor with student registration
- Supports Business Manager in compiling purchase requisitions and preparing purchase orders for supplies for all areas of the school.
- Serves as an assistant to the administrative staff. Preparing letters, copying, scheduling, etc. as needed.
- Supports administrative staff in school safety drills/paperwork
- Assist substitute teachers with school procedures. Ensures complete substitute folder for each certified teacher is available.
- Trains building staff on office policy and procedure including accounting, postage, voicemail, copy machine, etc.
- Coordinates volunteer help and maintains record of attendance.
- Maintains student attendance records in SIS. Notifies Counselor and Principal of students non complying with attendance policy.
- Keeps Student records/contact information complete and up-to-date in SIS.
- Responsible for school newsletter including publishing, mailing, and writing administrative information articles.
- Supports updating AIST’s social media and website with pictures/articles of student learning and upcoming events.
- Supports principal and Board of Directors in compiling information for Board meetings.
- Organizes special events and student outreach.
- Prepares mass mailing and supports in advertising initiatives.
- Coordinates available building space.
- Coordinates bussing requests.
- Act as a backup for school health paraprofessional. Oversees overall building functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required for this position:
EDUCATION AND TRAINING:
- High School Diploma or equivalent with some courses related to accounting or business.
- Over two years, and up to and including three years of secretarial experience including some accounting in a public education setting.
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE:
- Oral and written communication skills.
- English language skills.
- Interpersonal relations skills.
- Basic math and accounting skills.
- Personal computer, keyboarding and word processing skills.
- Customer service and public relations skills.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality in all aspects of the job.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to diffuse and manage volatile and stressful situations.
- Ability to work with adolescents.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, & REGISTRATIONS:
- Criminal background check required for hire.
- CPR and First Aid certifications preferred at hire.
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT OPERATING KNOWLEDGE:
- Operating knowledge of and experience with various software packages including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Publisher.
- Operating knowledge of and experience with general office equipment, including multi-line phone systems, copier, fax machine, postage machine equipment etc.
SUPERVISION AND TECHNICAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position reports to the Principal
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities
The physical demands, work environment factors and mental functions described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands, talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to compare, analyze, communicate, copy, coordinate, instruct, compute, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills, compile and negotiate.
Work year: 210 days
Department: Educational Support Personnel
Reports to: Principal
Pay Level: S2-S5
Pay Range: $25k- $42K