Automotive Institute of Science and Technology is a free, public charter school in District 49. AIST instructional design emphasizes hands-on, project-based learning, Career and Technical Education, STEM, and adult-world connections. Candidates should be open to a dynamic, collaborative, teacher/student driven school where teachers have the freedom to be innovative in creating a rigorous, relevant, and engaging high-school experiences.
AIST is currently seeking passionate individuals to fill the following positions:
- Project curriculum writer
- Business manager
We are also taking applications for all positions for the 2020-21 school year.
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply below
Note: AIST is an equal opportunity employer. No otherwise qualified employee, applicant for employment or member of the public shall be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to unlawful discrimination under any school program or activity on the basis of race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, sex (which includes marital status), sexual orientation (which includes transgender), disability or need for special education services.
Why work at the Automotive Institute of Science and Technology?
- Be in a setting where educators work as professionals
- Be intellectually stimulated as an educator
- Be creative and dream big with project design
- Collaborate and design curriculum together with incredible colleagues
- Work with amazing, creative, caring students
- Help students pursue their natural wonderings and prepare for life after high school
- Build a new school in Colorado Springs that will change the educational landscape of what’s possible for school
AIST High School endeavors to attract passionate, highly qualified educators. Teachers are not required to hold a teaching certificate, but must meet federal ESSA guidelines in their subject area. Candidates with experience working in their field who do not hold a teaching credential are strongly encouraged to apply. Offers of employment are contingent upon satisfaction of certain pre-employment verifications and clearances including, but not limited to, undergraduate degree verification and background check clearance.
Working at AIST:
- Full-time annual teacher contracts are typically written with approximately 197 contract days
- Compensation is competitive and set according to each candidate’s experience, with additional stipends available
- Health benefits and Colorado PERA is offered to eligible full-time employees
- AIST operates according to a traditional school calendar (August through May); staff training begins in mid-July
- AIST provides team teaching support, and exceptional professional development opportunities throughout the year
- AIST is an at-will employer